How do I get a library card?
From Arcadia Lakes to Zanzibar, anyone can enjoy the full benefits of Richland Library. Library cards are free to Richland County, SC residents and property owners, and $65 a year for most others (special discounts apply to teachers, military, and more). See the list below for more information.
Check out materials from one of our 11 locations, or enjoy our huge downalodable collection containing eBooks, emagazines, subscription databases, and free music downloads. Richland Library can help you learn a new language, research your family history, start a business, or study for a big test.
- Apply for a library card online or at any Richland Library location
- Free to all residents and/or property owners in Richland County
- Ages 17 and under are eligbile to receive a youth card
- Out-of-county residents can obtain a library card for an annual fee of $65
- Teacher? Military? Child Care owner/director? We offer special alternate cards that may work for you
- Apply online or call 803.929.3456 to apply over the phone
- Think you might already be a member? Call us at 803.799.9084 or Ask a Librarian to find out
- Give a card as a gift! Give the gift of access by purchasing a library card for an out-of-county resident.
- Cards are issued at the time of registration. For online registrations, cards will be available when you next visit the library, but electronic resources are available sooner.
- Haga clic aqui para la forma espanola
- Learn more about our borrowing guidelines