There are two options for downloading free music from the library:
Music from Freegal
Freegal is a downloadable music service for library cardholders. You may download three songs per week and they are yours to keep forever.
Get set up for Freegal
- Go to Freegal
- enter your Richland Library card number and PIN
- Browse for music
- Select an artist and song you want from Freegal's menu
- Click on the "Download Now" link next to your chosen song
- Select Save and choose where you want to save the song
- After the download process is complete you may transfer your music to iTunes, Windows Media Player and to your portable devices.
Music from Overdrive
- Richland Library has a small but diverse collection of music available through Overdrive. Selections range from pop and rock, jazz, blues and classical.
- all music can be downloaded to a PC and transferred to a compatible portable device.
Get Set Up
- Download OverDrive Media Console to your computer.
Visit your library’s Virtual Branch
- Browse available music
- Find desired music and click “Add to Cart”.
- Click “Proceed to Checkout” and enter your Richland Library card number and PIN.
- Set desired check out timeframe and click “Confirm Checkout”
- Download the title.
- After the download process is complete, listen to the music on your computer or transfer it to a portable device.
- View a list of compatible portable devices.