The Richland Library Business and Job Center is making a difference, one career at a time. Whether seeking employment, advancing a career, or starting a small business, we offer a variety of career and skills related resources.
Our highly trained librarians and career coaches teach classes and provide one-on-one assistance.
The Business and Job Center
- Come to the 3rd level of the Main Library during library hours
- Call 803.929.3401 for information
- For a Career Coaching appointment call 803.988.0897
Many of our resources can be accessed during library hours without an appointment for free. Our Career Coaches do require an appointment.
Computer Access: 18 designated computers for Job Seekers with 3-hours of access at a time. Guest passes are available for any job seeker without a library card.
Career Coaching: Certified Career Development Facilitators conduct one-on-one appointments with customers needing assistance with résumés, job applications, career assessments, job search and networking strategies, online presence (like LinkedIn), and much more. Call 803.988.0897 to schedule an appointment.
Interview Practice: Trained staff offer customers constructive feedback and guidance during one-on-one mock interviews. Wednesdays at the Main library, 10am – 12noon, first come first served; no appointments necessary.
Classes: Check the Job Center calendar for upcoming FREE classes such as Interviewing Dos and Don’ts, Finding a Job Online, Social Networking for your Job Search or Business, Business Etiquette and Get LinkedIn.
Résumé Assistance: Get in person help from a knowledgeable pro:
- Getting Your Résumé Started? Come in to The Business and Jobs Center for basic assistance and help getting your resume started.
- Refining your Résumé? Review your résumé with a Career Coach for assistance targeting and refining what you have already created. Call 803.988.0897 to schedule an appointment with a Career Coach.
Career …Encore!: This monthly support and networking group allows job seekers who are unemployed, underemployed or changing careers an opportunity to share the challenges they face, obtain free resources and enhance networking opportunities in a supportive and empowering environment. First Thursday of the month at the Main library, 9:30am in the Auditorium.